If you have married or are a foreign national in a relationship or marriage, or have lived for a substantial period of time abroad, then any breakdown of relationship will involved decisions over where proceedings should be issued and the steps to obtain the best possible outcome. If there are already proceedings in another country you have started, we can also help to advise you.
We are experienced in dealing with:
1. Dealing and advising on situations where more than one court has jurisdiction
2. Variation enforcement of foreign orders
3. The enforcement of foreign orders generally
4. People who wish to adopt a child from abroad
5. Advising and finding out whether marriage and divorces that took where abroad are valid in the UK
This section of International Matrimonial issues requires specialist legal advise which we will help you to seek and remedy your situation. On 20 December 2012 a new rule came in to force that have far reaching impacts on the way we dispute maintenance when international dimensions are concerned. It is a complex and technical area of law.