Child Maintenance - 

Both parents of a child have a financial responsibility for their child until they reach 18. However, in reality the financial burden is likely to continue for many years past your child’s 18th birthday.  The financial responsibility is regardless of with whom the child lives with and whether the parents were married at the time of the child’s birth. When a child lives with one parent, the other parent is liable to pay maintenance payments for the child’s day-to-day care. This payment is based upon the non-residents parent’s income (work or benefits) and is paid directly to the resident parent. If the non-resident parent has overnight contact with the child, the payments can be reduced according to how many nights the child spends there. This applies for children up to the age of 16, or until the child completes full time education. CSA payments can be varied (up or down) if the non-resident parent’s income changes. Child maintenance can be assessed at


You may also feel that you need a provision in place in case one parent dies or finds that they can no longer work. We can talk you through options such as provisions in a will or obtaining an insurance policy to cover such eventualities.  


It's nearing that time of the year and it is important that we do not forget our four legged friends! F.A.I.T.H. Animal Rescue are always doing such a great job and that is why we have decided to open up both of our offices in Acle and in Loddon as donation banks for items such as:

Bedding/Newspapers/Litter and Blankets 
Pet Food
Brooms and Buckets 
Animal Treats

Let's give these lovely people a helping hand before Christmas and during these colder, winter months!

✎   48 Bridge Street | Loddon | Norwich | Norfolk | NR14 6EZ

✎   The Street | Acle | Norwich | Norfolk | NR13 3DY

Maddison and Morgan Solicitors is the trading name of Maddison and Morgan (UK) Ltd registered under company number 08145606 and Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No: 592212.